Campaign of the Month: February 2016
Rise of the Durnskald
The Chapter of Righteous Steel
The Chapter of Righteous Steel
The Chapter of Righteous Steel was founded by the fabled Whitewraps of old with but two purposes in mind, to protect those who cannot protect themselves and to exterminate the unjust. They accept any and all petitioners regardless of House or race, although their command structure is reserved for the members of House Burcia. They fight evil wherever it may hide and seek it relentlessly so that it may be purged from the world.
Within The Chapter of Righteous Steel there are several ranks:
1. Militia – The most recently accepted recruits. They serve as scouts and guards as befits their skills. They are given only the most basic equipment and are assigned to a company, which generally consists of a handful of Militia, between ten and twenty Ordo Meritum, and led by an Ordo Terminus. Most of the time they are accompanied by a Cleric as well.
2. Ordo Meritum – Once a recruit has proven their worth and earned recognition they are promoted to the rank of Ordo Meritum. They are given a better set of equipment and are assigned to much more difficult tasks.
3. Ordo Terminus – Imposing warriors of great reknown and valor, battle tested and proven on the field countless times. The Ordo Terminus are granted a special set of enchanted gilded armor that makes them nearly impervious to damage. The Ordo Terminus are the leaders of their company, taking orders only from the Ordo Magnus.
4. Ordo Magnus – The Ordo Magnus are the undisputed masters of the Chapter and walking engines of destruction on the battlefield.
Notable members of the Chapter:
- Ordo Terminus Astarex Haste, commander of the Valor Company, hero of the third invasion. Under his command the Valor Company overcame seemingly insurmountable odds while battling the invaders from The Darklands.
To petition to join The Chapter of Righteous Steel the potential recruit must meet the following requirements:
- Must be proficient in the use of a weapon.
- Alignment must be Lawful
- Alignment cannot be Evil
To earn the rank of Ordo Meritum the Militia must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a BAB of at least +3
- Must have slain a foe in single combat
- Must be proficient in the use of medium armor
To earn the rank of Ordo Terminus the Ordo Meritum must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a BAB of at least +8
- Must have any Weapon Focus feat
- Must be proficient in the use of heavy armor
- Must have donated at least 20,000 gold Scales to the Chapter, this can done in the form of equipment.
- Must be a member of House Burcia
NOTE: Once this rank is attained it is considered treason to leave the Chapter.
- Alarmon’s Resolve: Once per day you may ignore up to ten points of damage from any one attack.
- You get one weapon, one set of leather armor (if you can use it), a small wooden shield (if you can use it), a pack, a bedroll, flint and tinder, three waterskins, and two weeks worth of rations. These rations can be replenished for free once every two weeks. You may elect to pay a bit in order to upgrade your armor, if you do you don’t receive the leather armor and whatever you end up picking is half priced. This equipment is the property of the Chapter and cannot be sold, nor does it count for the donation requirement for the Ordo Terminus rank.
- Alarmon’s Resolve becomes usable a number of times per day equal to your Charisma bonus, unless you don’t have one. In that case you can use it just once per day.
- You are assigned either (your choice) any masterwork exotic weapon or any non exotic weapon with a +1 enchantment. You are also assigned a +1 Mythril Breastplate, a +1 Steel Shield (if you can use it), a Type One Bag of Holding, and 5 Healing Potions (3d8 +5 HP). These potions can be replenished for free once every two weeks. This equipment is the property of the Chapter and cannot be sold, nor does it count for the donation requirement for the Ordo Terminus rank.
- Alarmon’s Resolve now allows you to ignore up to twenty five points of damage.
- Terminus Armor: You are granted one of the following armors. a.) +2 Adamantine Full Plate (grants +2 Fort Save) b.) +2 Blended Quartz Full Plate (grants +2 Will Save) c.) +2 Mythril Full Plate (grants +2 Reflex Save). This equipment is the property of the Chapter and cannot be sold, it is custom manufactured for each Ordo Terminus.